My Next Race

My Next Race

Saturday 5 May 2012

Orange County, how I've missed you!

I am strongly considering relocating to California, given the fact that I'm on my third trip here in as many months. The races are abundant, courses are fantastic and every race seems to have a kick-ass medal! I'm currently waiting at the OC aeroport for my sister, Kim, to arrive from Vancouver. My flight was 45 minutes early, so the 2 hour wait grew to almost 3! What airline boasts this impressive feat? United! And their in-flight snack selection was amazing too! With this kind of time on my hands, I've been reading, stretching and researching. We may have to rent a car after all. The Toronto Blue Jays are in town playing the Angels! Too bad I left all my Jays gear at home. It may not be the best idea considering our race starts at 6am tomorrow and our shuttle leaves before 5am :( But who can say no to a night at the ballpark?! Two nights at the Hilton Orange County - Costa Mesa, two days in another great coastal town and the second race in a three-race series to complete the Beach Cities Challenge. By this time tomorrow, the Tee-Dubs will be one race away from our biggest, most fantastic medal yet! (Just so everyone is following along, Tee-Dubs is how Kim and I refer to ourselves as a package. The name comes from nicknames we got in high school, TW-1 and TW-2 - twin 1 and twin 2) One more hour to go before we're on our way to the Hilton to spend the afternoon lounging by the pool!

No comments:

Post a Comment